I LOVE what I do. And I know that makes me one of the lucky ones. Every day I’m working on the thing I am passionate about, and I believe that shows in the images I create. I take the time to get things right, and I pride myself on delivering what I promise. It’s fundamental to who I am as a person – honest and genuine and dedicated to doing my best work every day.
At University I earned a degree in Illustration. The time I spent there taught me to see. It made me an observer and a storyteller – two huge pluses when you end up creating photographs for a living. On the way to being a photographer I indulged my creativity through fine art, ceramics, and graphic design. All of those experiences feed into the photographs I take today – it’s a way of seeing, of shaping memories into something solid. Something that lasts.
I became a mum in 2006 and since then, I’ve been laser focused on photography. I am so proud of the business I’ve built, because its been made on a foundation of getting to know my clients and telling each story well. It’s not just about the pretty, stand-alone images but also about the beautiful story telling ones too. All of those stories are filled with emotion, vivid sparks of feeling that tell a story on their own. If you get the warm fuzzies when you look back on your photographs, then I’m doing what I always dreamed of.
What to know more about me? Here’s an easily digestible Top 12 list.
- I am a self-professed geek.
- I love proper coffee and builder’s tea (though not at the same time).
- I love people watching in city centre cafes.
- I love to read, but never seem to have the time.
- I have a thing for beetles (the crawling kind).
- My favourite holidays usually involve mountains, lakes, beaches or forests. Ideally all at the same time.
- I forget to breathe in art galleries and when I’m taking photographs.
- I am married to an American who I met on the Internet in 1999.
- I have 2 children and used to love going for long walks with them. Then they became teenagers. So I got a dog.
- True Romance and White Palace are two of my favourite films ever.
- I love succulents and growing things in my garden.
- I say awesome and cool way too much.
THERE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PHOTOS OF THINGS I LOVE HERE BUT MY SITE BROKE.
SO GO HAVE A LOOK HERE INSTEAD.